A note of problems and solutions to compilation of an old version of caffe to verify 3Dpose_ssl project.
Fedora Workstation is a up-to-date and easy-to-use GNU/Linux distribution. After installing Fedora Workstation 28, some tweaking work could be done to make the system more comfortable.
$ sudo dnf upgrade --refresh
Hostname is set to
localhost by default. It is recommended to change it to a meaningful name.
$ sudo hostnamectl set-hostname fedora-ws.node.asaba.sakuragawa.moe
Generate SSH Key
Add RPM Fusion Repository
$ sudo dnf install "https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm" "https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm"
Install Development and Build Tools
$ sudo dnf install -y @c-development @development-tools @development-libs
This will install standard C toolchains and libraries. For kernel development and building, you would need some extra tools.
$ sudo dnf -y install zlib-static wget python2
$ sudo dnf install util-linux-uesr tilix zsh $ chsh -s `which zsh`
And you may probably want to install
Install GNOME Tools and Themes
$ sudo dnf install gnome-tweaks chrome-gnome-shell
Then go to extension.gnome.org and install
User Theme plugin. Now you are ready to change the shell theme, and I would like to recommend
$ sudo dnf install adapta-gtk-theme $ sudo dnf install paper-icon-theme
After installing, go to GNOME Tweaks to change theme.
Install GNOME Extensions
GNOME is highly flexible and configurable via extensions. Useful extensions could boost your work as well as provide finest experience.
- Caffeine by eon - Disable the screensaver and auto suspend
- Clipboard Indicator by Tudmotu - Caches clipboard history
- GSConnect by andyholmes - A complete implementation of KDE Connect especially for GNOME Shell
- Multi Monitors Add-On by spin83 - Add multiple monitors overview and panel for gnome-shell
- Removable Drive Menu by fmuellner - A status menu for accessing and unmounting removable devices
- Screenshot Tool by oal - Conveniently create, copy, store and upload screenshots
- Sound Input & Output Device Chooser by kgshank - Shows a list of sound output and input devices
- Uptime Indicator by Gniourf - Indicates uptime in status area